|Central New York Orienteering|
|Special REGAINE XII Update
Saturday-Sunday, August 20-21, 2016
Letchworth State Park, Portage, NY
!! VERY IMPORTANT REGAINE 2016 UPDATE ALERT !!
Due to a series of serious accidents at the Letchworth State Park in recent months, the Park Management has, at the last moment,
requested that we restrict this year's REGAINE to very specific and strict time limits for safety purposes. In a nutshell, we won't
be allowing runners on the course from the hours of 10:00 PM, Saturday to 5:00 AM, Sunday (i.e. no night navigating).|
In an effort to maintain the integrity and uniqueness of this specialized long distance event, the organizers have decided upon the following "modifications" from the standard (and previously posted) rules and schedule for the 2016 REGAINE:
- MOST IMPORTANT! - The official mass start time is now moved up to 10:00 AM, Saturday, August 20, 2016.
- In order to maintain a "24-hour" event, this means the official ending of event now will be 10:00 AM, Sunday, August 21, 2016.
- A mandatory pre-race meeting of all competitors will be at 9:25 AM, Saturday with map distribution at 9:30 AM.
- Packet pick-up times are scheduled for 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Friday evening and again from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, Saturday morning at the Base Camp.
- Base Camp still remains the Old Nunda R&G at the corner of River and Dygert Rds. (42.604029, -77.98477)
With these time restrictions and changes, we have also decided to modify some rules slightly from the norm to be able to maximize
competitor "possible run time". The most obvious of these are:|
- Instead of the standard dividing of the 24-hour event period into 4 segments, with each segment then further divided into a run stage and a rest stage, this year's event will use 3 segments, each also consisting of a run stage and a rest stage, with a mandatory break between the hours of 10:00 PM, Saturday, to 5:00 AM, Sunday.
- The allowable times which can be utilized in any stage for this year's event will be modified to be one each of a 6-hour, 5-hour, 4-hour, 3-hour, 2-hour, or 1-hour time limit. As previously, the competitor has the choice as to which stage and when they assign each of these time limits.
- The Overtime Penalties for not returning to Base Camp in their pre-decided time limit for each run stage will now be 40 points/minute OVT subtracted from the overall score.
- Anyone overtime by more than 30 minutes on ANY run stage will automatically be DSQ'ed and will not be allowed to continue with the event.
All other rules regarding Segment and Stage use (i.e. no doing back to back run stages, no changing stage times once declared, etc.) are still in affect. A complete and concise listing of all the rules for this year's event will be available in each competitor's meet packet.
— The REGAINE 2016 Organizers
|Central New York Orienteering, 6187 Smith Rd, North Syracuse, NY 13212-2513||Updated: 08/14/2016|